Study & Action:
- Coordinates Local, State and National Studies, Actions and Consensus for the Local League as adopted by the Board. The Board should choose at the beginning of a study between a consensus or concurrence process for the study, unless otherwise determined by the Membership at the Annual Meeting and depending on how simply the issues of the study may be presented to members. The Board should then also adopt a study Timeline and criteria for what is considered consensus or concurrence for this particular study. Other Chairs will participate as the subject mater dictates.
Currently there are three sub-committees:
Dena Leavengood - [email protected]
- Represent LWVHC at county, regional, state and national “Health Care and Social Service” organization and agency meetings.
- Promote LWVHC, LWVFL & LWVUS positions, actions and direction. Current issues include the Hillsborough County Health Care Plan, Florida Medicaid Expansion and implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Promote adequate funding of public education with no use of public funding for the expansion of private education through a voucher program.
- Promote the extension of public school testing of student achievement to private schools, charter schools and others that receive state funding.
- Support the increased oversight of the development and implementation of charter schools contracts with regard to administrative fees, teacher salaries and benefits and instructional innovation
Articles/Opinions/Studies re: School Choice and Charter Schools
by League Members
STATEWIDE STUDY ON SCHOOL CHOICE AND CONSENSUS REPORT ON CHARTER SCHOOLS